I really like this new religious reform; I've been thinking we needed a
stronger presence of the Church in town. A lot of immigrants from Ireland and Germany passing
through to the cities have been trying to pass along their religious ideas, and
I think it's going to set a bad example for our children. The churches of these
immigrants are too ornate and extravagant; they prove they depend on material
possessions, which is what they should be preaching against. Hopefully, this
reform will give the Church more control, so the immigrants don't become too powerful.
stronger presence of the Church in town. A lot of immigrants from Ireland and Germany passing
through to the cities have been trying to pass along their religious ideas, and
I think it's going to set a bad example for our children. The churches of these
immigrants are too ornate and extravagant; they prove they depend on material
possessions, which is what they should be preaching against. Hopefully, this
reform will give the Church more control, so the immigrants don't become too powerful.
No comments:
Post a Comment